- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Monday, February 03, 2014

'Spoiled' Lorde/Royals

This is the Royals parody I did last night as part of a music review for The Daily Blog - posted here.  I went to the same primary, intermediate and high school as she did, so if it's a bit hating it's because I know what Devo is like.

Spoiled

Lyrics: T Selwyn/E Yelich-O'Connor/J Little
To be performed by Borde and the Royal Treatment
[Verse One]
I’ve never seen a black man in the flesh
Oh, I saw one once – serving at the movies
And it’s on account of my address
Devonport proud, postcode trendy
[Chorus]
But my cliché is like: black guys, bad dudes, junky shit in the bathroom
Gang-bangers, ill-mannered, trashing our taboo rule
We don’t care, we’re living where the house prices are obscene
But my cliché is like: Cristal, Maybach – how can they afford that?
Jet planes, islands – I haven’t seen them!
They aren’t here and we have it all and nothing to fear
-
And we’ll always be spoiled (spoiled)
It’s our European blood
That kind of luck is just for us
The kind you get being born a boss
I’m already your ruler (ruler)
Can you dig the hypocrisy?

Of a Devonport school girl, a rich girl, a white girl [see Alt]
Lecturing on sociology [see Alt]

[Alt last lines:
Of dissing American culture, culture, culture
And then getting a Grammy]

[Verse Two]

My friends all agree – I’m fucking awesome
After five years in development you’d hope so
And Universal owns us and we’re fine with this
We didn’t run from the money

[Chorus with Alt end lines]
Ohh ohh oh
And this is the little bit
Where Joel’s lyrics are quite shit
Ohh ohh oh
Life was great with an au pair
They’ve spent a fortune on my career

[Chorus - last half]





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home